HOSTING the ARCHANGELS is a lovely ritual of “welcoming” five Archangels into your home for a five day “visit.” It continues a tradition which may have originated in New York in 2010, inspired by the movie Pay It Forward. If you believe in and love Angels, you will treasure this experience!
While aware of this practice for some time, I was not moved to participate until February 2016; I suppose like everything else, the time was right! Part of the motivation was to honor them for what they provide on a daily basis. It made me curious as to how the five days would be any more special than every other day communicating with these particular Archangels. I am always in awe!
Emotions well up as I think about the experience. I kept a journal, although I know that not all the “moments” were written down. They are, however, permanently imprinted in my heart! I have reached out to a number of people as they were weaved into these days and provided the messages as received from the Angels.
I will offer to you that the Angels were very encouraging about "stepping out of the box" of guidelines (they did … all nine of them!). Doing this makes it a truly personal journey that flows with the events and needs of the day and those around you.
There is preparation involved, a bit different than preparing for a guest that will visit for a few days. Small items are needed, such as a flower/plant, candle, and fruit, and a suitable spot for a meditation altar (table) to hold these items. There is also thoughtful preparation in the form of a welcoming prayer, three wishes (for the Earth, your family and yourself), and selecting the day and time of their arrival. Best to have some flexibility in your schedule that will allow time for morning and evening meditation.
If you choose to participate, know that it will be an opportunity to ask questions and receive answers … ask for guidance and receive direction … and be given ways to pay it forward by helping others. Go into it with an open heart and just be “present” as you move through these days for all that is being presented to you.
Here is a summary of how I approached the visit:
About the Visiting Archangels
First, here's a bit of background for those of you who may not be familiar with the five Archangels:
- Archangel Michael - The Master and Protector of the Light; Male Archetype; Physical and Emotional Strength and Protection; Trailblazer
- Archangel Raphael - The Divine Healer; Guardian Angel Archetype; Physical and Emotional Health
- Archangel Gabriel - The Master Angel of Mercy and Compassion; Female Archetype; Care and Protection of Family, Home, and Pets
- Archangel Uriel - The Angel of Creativity; Assists in Creating Success in a Spiritual Way; Detachment from Results
- Archangel Metatron - The Chancellor of Heaven; the Prince of Ministering Angels; Assists on the Path to Enlightenment
- Determine date and time of arrival and departure. There is a five day visit, scheduled to either immediately follow their visit with someone else or with a five day pause before your visit begins. The time you select should be a time that you can greet them at the door when they arrive and can bid them farewell after the fifth day.
- Select the area and table to be used for the altar. A small table in a quiet spot of your home is best, as you will want to sit in meditation near this spot.
- Select the flower / plant, candle(s), statue(s) and type of fruit / food. A white flower is typically used; however, any color will work, as well as a small plant with color. The candle should be white (votive or pillar); also have a battery operated candle available, as you will not want to burn a candle while you are out or sleeping.
- Prepare the Welcome Prayer, Departure Prayer, and 3 Wishes (Mother Earth, Family, and Self). The prayers can be as simple or elaborate as your heart dictates. Simply welcome them and express your love and appreciation for all they do.
- Inquire among family and friends for the next Hosting; provide information and schedule to those interested.
Day before Arrival:
- Set up altar and light candle prior to the scheduled arrival.
Day of Arrival:
- Welcome the Archangels at the predetermined time by opening the door through which they will enter and depart.
- Greet the Archangels with the Welcome Prayer.
- Sit in meditation by the altar (recommended).
During the Visit:
Listen! Love! Laugh! Learn! Journal!
Day of Departure:
- Talk with the Archangels about their next Hosts.
- Write the Host’s names on a piece of paper, to be placed near the candle.
- Prior to departure, safely burn the paper and place the ashes outside.
- At time of departure, say the Departure Prayer as you open the door.
- Once they leave, safely burn your wishes and place the ashes outside.
- If appropriate, eat the fruit / food from the altar.
- If appropriate, set the flower / plant outside to recycle naturally.
- Check in with the next Host to confirm date, time, and process.
There is no "wrong" if alternatives are needed to the guidelines; how could anything about this beautiful honoring of the Angels and your willingness to do so be wrong? Taking scheduling as an example, I know of three different ways to schedule the visits - three at one time, one immediately after the other, and five days in between visits. It's all good! Don't have three additional people to Host? No worries; it will all work out! Express your willingness to participate, and then do it!
For scheduling or for more information on Hosting the Archangels, contact Pat.